Selling your Guernsey Property
Selling a property is a partnership between yourselves and your chosen Estate Agent(s). If you appoint Sheppards Estate Agents, we commit to high professional standards, do our utmost to market your property and provide all the relevant help and support you may need from start to finish.
How to go about selling your property:
1. Presentation of the Property for Viewing and for Photographs
This is key to selling. Remember that the photographs we take to market your property provide a great first impression, tempting prospective buyers to contact us for a viewing. You want your property to look its best in both the photographs and on viewing days. Whilst we do not advocate spending money unnecessarily there are a few things you can do at minimal cost to maximise your chance of selling;
- Colour Scheme - A neutral colour scheme allows viewers to envisage what they can do with the property and adapt it accordingly. This will provide a light, bright and larger feel to the rooms.
- Clear any Clutter - Viewers do not take in your property fully if they are distracted with unnecessary clutter. There is however nothing wrong with having family photos and sentimental items on display.
- Odours and Appearance - Eliminate any lingering odours. Try putting a nice bunch of flowers on the kitchen table, brew coffee or light a fire. This can make all the difference on how a viewer feels about your property.
- Outdoors - Nicely cut lawns and weeded borders give a great first impression.
- Repair and Clean - Now is the time to make any minor repairs, give the floors a good hoover and have a spring clean. No matter what type of property you are selling, the most important thing is that it is clean.
2. Free Market Appraisal
Sheppards Estate Agents are delighted to offer a free valuation on your property without any obligations. To ensure the accuracy of our sale valuation we will view the property and carefully research similar properties currently up for sale or recently sold. We will therefore not provide you with a sale estimate at the time of our visit. Sheppards will however, contact you as soon as we have completed the necessary research and are confident that the figure we are providing is accurate.
3. Take on
If we are fortunate enough to be instructed to sell your property, we will:
- Take detailed photographs of the property;
- Prepare a floor plan with measurements;
- Ask you further questions regarding the property;
- Prepare a high quality brochure for distribution;
- Circulate your property brochure to buyers through our web app via push notifications and by email;
- Advertise your property in Under One Roof, on social media sites; in our office window display and on our specially designed web app.
As soon as we receive a viewing request we will contact you and we will try to provide at least 24 hours notice of the suggested viewing time.
We will also call or text you immediately after your viewing to give relevant feedback and to let you know we have left the property.
When an offer is made for your property we will notify you immediately. You are not obliged to accept the offer and we will assist you with clear and detailed advice.
6. Offer accepted, what now?
There is a labyrinth of information relevant to each property transaction and we will meet you in person to talk you through the remaining process, should you so wish. Sheppards will provide you with tailor-made advice and information, specific to your individual needs. We are here to guide you through the process right up to the moment you hand over the keys on the completion date.